A recent arts event and award ceremony at saw bright futures beckon for five lucky young artists. The event was held by Sky Arts who are supporting the next generation of artists through an innovative scheme called Sky Arts Futures Fund. The fund annually offers five young, emerging artists each £30,000 and a unique mentoring programme to help develop their creative practice over a year.
The event made full use of the blank canvas space of OXO2, cloaking the venue in coloured lighting to dramatic effect. The work of Sky Arts Futures Fund 2012 artists was displayed throughout the gallery style spaces, giving guests a chance to enjoy the work of some of the UK’s incredibly talented young artists. Plasma screens were also used throughout the space enabling the audience fantastic views throughout speeches and performances.
Sky Arts Futures Fund is designed to help develop creative practice and take artists’ work to the next level. Winners are paired with a mentor from their industry and Sky enabling them to develop networks, skills and knowledge in the arts and commercial sectors, as well as enjoying the support of Sky’s platforms such as onscreen.
Artists eligible for the scheme include the following categories:
- Performing arts: theatre-makers including playwrights, spoken word artists, directors, puppeteers and live artists
- Dance: dancers and choreographers
- Music: musicians, composers, songwriters and conductors
- Visual art: fine artists, sculptors, animators and video artists
- Creative producers working in any of the above fields